Primer-sealer et undercoater to base of latex, especially
formulated for interior and exterior surfaces.
Blocks stain bleeding.
* Fire-retardant, water repellent, conventional gypsum boards.
* Dry new plaster, Stucco.
* Hardened and dry patching compound.
* Masonry, concrete, concrete blocks, bricks or asbestos
* Wood (except cedar and redwood)
* Bare aluminum or zinc surfaces.
* New or bare galvanized metal.
* Factory enamelled metal.
* Already painted or varnished surfaces.
* Masks former colour to ensure a better rendering of the
* Allows transition from alkyd to latex paint.
* Vinyl wallpaper.
* Seals most stains such as:
* Water, smoke (fire damage).
* Water ring marks on ceiling boards.
* Asphalt, bitumen, tar.
Walls, ceilings, woodwork, doors, cabinets.
New or maintenance work. Interior and exterior.
New or previously painted surfaces in good condition.
May be overcoated with any alkyd or latex paint.
Remark: Must be cover with a finishing paint.
It is preferable to use "SICO GoPrime" alkyd primer-sealer and
undercoater 180-135 on:
• bleeding woods, such as cedar and mahogany,
• old dry and powdery plaster,
• melamine or laminate,
• paper wallpaper.
* Ultra adherent.
* Easy to apply and may be easily sanded.
* Dries rapidly without unpleasant odour.
* Seals effectively and ensures a better appearance to the
* High hiding with an excellent spreading rate.
* May be overcoated with any alkyd or latex paint.
* Ensures a better appearance to the finishing coats.
* Not affected by the alkalinity of fresh plaster and concrete.
* Will not raise the fibres of gypsum board.
* Ecological product not containing neither lead nor mercury
and conforms to the Canadian regulation on the emission of
the Volatiles Organic compounds in the architectural or
industrial coatings of maintenance.
Can be tinted to pastel colors only.
Maximum of 3 ounces of COLORIZER colorants per 3.78 litres.
TECHNICAL PRODUCT INFORMATION
Gloss 60° 5 to 12%
Sheen 85° Not available
Appearance: Velvet flat
Spreading rate Approximately
40 to 48 square meters
(440 to 520 square feet) per
Note: Excluding losses caused by variations in application methods, surface porosity, or stirring
Solid Volume (%) 38.8%
Solid Weight (%) 52.3%
Viscosity (K.U.) 90 to 95
Density (g/ml) 1.3
Flash Point (°C)
V.O.C. Coating 147.9 g/L
V.O.C. Material 67.2 g/L
Note: Tinting of this product can add Volatile Organic Compounds.
Binder: 100% Acrylic emulsion: latex
Pigments and additives: Titanium dioxide, inert
surfactant (agents) and others.
SPECIFICATIONS Type CGSB 1.119-2000.
Type MPI #50.
Temperature (°C) 10°C to 30°C (50° to 86°F).
Relative Humidity (%) Ideal: 50%. Maximum: 85%.
Drying Time (25°C; 25% relative humidity)
To touch 30-60 minutes
Recoating (h) 2 hours
Full (h) 14 days
Drying will varies according to temperature and relative humidity.
The surface must be dry, clean and free from dust, wax,
soap, old loose paint or other contaminants.
Brush Nylon or Polyester.
Roller 10 mm – 13 mm
Spray gun – Nozzle .017 - .019
Tool Cleaning: Warm soapy water
immediately after use.
Store in a cool, dry, and ventilated area. Keep temperature
between 4°C and 30°C. (50° et 86°F).
Product Shelf Life: 5 years under the ideal conditions
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Consult Material
Safety Data Sheet. Keep containers closed when not in use.
Provide adequate ventilation during application and drying.
IMPORTANT: Spray equipment must be handled with due care
and in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations.
Spraying of any material can be hazardous without adequate
protection. Wear respirator, eye protection and protective clothing.
FIRST AID TREATMENT: If swallowed, Call a physician or
poison control centre immediately. If in eyes or on skin, rinse well
with clear water.
Surface preparation is a crucial operation. Most problems
blamed on the coating itself are actually caused by poor surface
Surface Cleaning: Clean the surface with the cleaner best
suited for removing the contaminant on the surface.
* A surface that has been previously coated with an old
finishing product must be cleaned with "POLYPREP"
T.S.P. (771-137) before applying a new product. Rinse
well with clear water.
* Mildew: Wash with a household bleach solution
(1 part household bleach : 3 parts water).
* Grease & oil: Wash well with a concentrated solution of
trisodium phosphate (T.S.P.) "POLYPREP" 771-137.
Rinse well with clear water.
* Chalky paints: Scrub vigorously with a concentrated
solution of trisodium phosphate (T.S.P.) "POLYPREP"
771-137. Rinse well with clear water.
Stripping… consists in removing old coats of paint and
varnish. If the surface needs to be stripped, use Sico
stripper Polyprep 802-105 or Maxithane 802-273. Directions
are provided on the product instruction booklet and/or label.
Sanding… removes imperfections on walls, ceilings,
furniture, floors, etc. It also roughens surfaces that are
* Wood: Sand the surface with sandpaper (80 to 120 grit)
along the grain to avoid ripping the wood fibres.
* Glossy surfaces: Lightly sand the surface to take the
* Masonry: Scratch or brush mortar spatters, loose
particles and salt deposits.
Vacuum the residual sanding dust
Repairing… repair products are used to fix damaged
surfaces. It is important to select the best filling compound
for the job.
* Fill holes and cracks with a compound with stopping. Do
not use oil putty.
Knots Sealing… prevents knots and sap veins bleeding
on several softwoods.
Primer or undercoater application: Undercoater are
coatings used to hide formerly applied colours, provide an
even surface, and increase adhesion of paint.
RECOMMENDED BASE COATS
No primer required on:
Painted surfaces in good condition.
Gypsum board, dry new plaster, concrete.
Hardened and dry patching compound.
Knots in wood
Seal knots and sap streaks with transparent shellac
"POLYPREP" 205-112 or white pigmented "POLYPREP 2"
New or bare wood:
Use alkyd primer-sealer and undercoater "SICO GoPrime"
Old dry and powdery plaster
Use alkyd primer-sealer and undercoater "SICO GoPrime"
Apply one coat of Anti-rust metal primer "Corrostop Ultra" 635-
260 or 635-785.
Covers or masks off surfaces you don't want to paint and
make sure drop cloths are carefully placed.
Slowly stir the paint to avoid the forming of bubbles, which
could remain on the surface after drying.
Pour the quantity of paint needed into another container to
avoid contaminating the original paint can. Cover the paint
can to preserve the paint properties.
Apply paint generously, leaving no skipped spots or no bade
or excessively coated areas.
Let surfaces dry completely.
Sand rough spots with a fine sandpaper (120 to 220 grit) and
vacuum the residual sanding dust.
Generously apply a finishing paint, without leaving behind
uncovered spots or excesses.
Warning: Remove the masking tape after each coat to avoid
ripping off paint at the end.
A finish coat must cover this primer.
PAINT DISPOSAL: Contact your municipality for proper leftover
paint disposal procedure. Recycle if a can recycling program is
available in your community.